Student Transitions & Family Programs is pleased to welcome your new transfer student and your family to Washington University in St. Louis.
We serve as a primary contact for supporting both your transfer student and family in the transition to the university.
What to expect
We know that there is a great deal to think about as your student and your family transitions into the university. We have outlined the information you expect to receive throughout the summer as well as the timeline to ensure you and your student are prepared to join us in the fall.
- In June, you can expect to receive Bear Essentials for Families. This booklet will highlight numerous campus departments that may be of use during your time as a parent of WashU student.
- In August, you will receive via email the first edition of Family Ties, the e-newsletter that bridges the information gap between Washington University in St. Louis family members and life on campus.
What we do
Student Transitions & Family Programs hosts a number of events and provides resources for you and your new student. Below are some ways we help you acclimate to the community.
- Prepare for college with the Before You Arrive Checklist
- Review the communications sent both digitally and in mailings to you and your student
- Find information about Transfer & Exchange Student Orientation
- Join Student Transitions & Family Programs for virtual and on-campus events geared towards parent and family members