Connect with the First Year Center!
The First Year Center is pleased to be your partner in launching your student into the Washington University in St. Louis community. We serve as a primary contact for supporting both your first-year student and your family in the transition to college.
What to expect
We know that there is a great deal to think about as your student and your family transitions into the university. We have outlined the information you expect to receive throughout the summer as well as the timeline to ensure you and your student are prepared to join us in the fall.
- Class of 2024: What to Expect Over the Summer
- Class of 2025: What to Expect Over the Summer will be available in May 2021
What we do
The First Year Center hosts a number of events and provides resources for you and your new student. Below are some ways we help you acclimate to the community.
- Prepare for college with the Before You Arrive Checklist
- Review the communications sent both digitally and in mailings to you and your student
- Join us for Bear Beginnings: Parent & Family Orientation
- Find information about Bear Beginnings: New Student Orientation
- Join the First Year Center for digital and on-campus events geared towards parent and family members